I have been writing about green things only rarely lately, yet my inbox is overflowing with press releases from companies seeking coverage in time for Earth Day. I actually read a few of these alerts this morning. Among the pressing news:
- Bacardi is cutting the ribbon on Puerto Rico's largest wind installation at its rum distillery (Sounds great. Plane ticket?).
- Rent.com says 86 percent of Americans prefer a "green" home.
- Little Simon Island off the Georgia coast offers ""green living" 365 days a year."
- RecycleBank launches a vitamin bottle recycling campaign.
- 'Transumerist' site BookSwim offers a deal on gift cards. Buy one, and they'll plant a tree.